Unattended Cooking Is Leading Cause Of House Fires

Fire prevention practices are often neglected in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, especially in the kitchen. With unattended cooking being the leading cause of residential fires across Overton County, make sure your Christmas gathering can stand up to the kitchen heat.

“For the last two years in a row, we’ve had a fire on Christmas Eve,” said Livingston Fire Department (LFD) Fire Chief Rocky Dial, “The majority (of fires) that we responded to have been from people leaving the stove on when they thought they’ve turned it off.”

For More on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Livingston Enterprise on newsstands now, or subscribe online at livingstonenterprise.net.

Leave a Comment